WRITTEN BY Daisy
PUBLISHED ON July 11, 2023
We loved hosting our first dumpling workshop at Daddy Bao this week and taking our guests through the process of how to craft and cook different types of dumplings. Watch this space for more upcoming dates and events…
For those who missed out, you can find the recipe for our har gow (prawn dumpling) filling below. This recipe is best served alongside our black vinegar and ginger dipping sauce.
-500g prawns (weight before cleaning). Peeled, deveined, and patted dry
– 2 tsp salt
– 5g sugar
– 5g corn starch
– 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
– 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
– 2 tsp sesame oil
– Weigh out your prawns – keep 100g to the side and the rest place on a chopping board. Then chop the prawns until you have a mince-like texture (or use a magimix if you prefer).
– Then place the chopped prawn mix into a mixing bowl and add the rest of your ingredients.
– Mix thoroughly and then store in the fridge for up to 3 days. The mixture also freezes well.
– For best results cook using the steamer basket method. This pairs really well with a vinegar-based dumpling dipping sauce.
Black vinegar and ginger dipping sauce
– 3 tbsp black rice vinegar
– 1 tsp honey
– 1 tsp chopped sushi ginger
– 3 tbsp soy sauce
Mix all ingredients together and serve.